Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rainy Day Rental Car

Our 2nd full day in Vence started out with dark cloudy skies.  The plan was to drive to Nice Airport, about 10 km away, and pick up a rental car at Alamo.  At 10am when Randy and Nola arrived to take us the skies opened up and it started raining.  The trip to Nice was slow and careful.  We picked up a 4dr Opel diesel and made our way back to Vence in the rain with Nola giving me directions.  I used to drive a stick shift manual transmission years ago.  It's like learning to ride a bicycle.  You never forget how.

We made it back to Vence and to the Brasserie Victoire for lunch.  I had left my Garmin GPS auto plug at home so Randy and I walked to a cell phone store and to my surprise they had a cord that fit the Garmin Nuvi.  I really needed this cord because Nola, MA and yours truly are going on a two to three day journey tomorrow and the next day.  The GPS with my European chip is invaluable and works like a charm over here. We are headed for the Vaucluse and the lavender fields of Provence.  I hope to get some really exceptional photos of these blue flower fields.  We will be gone for the next two days and no blog until Saturday.

 This is as close as I got to lavender last year.  It was for sale outside a small perfume shop in Gordon. We'll pick up the travel blog when we get back.  Going cold turkey without the computer or internet!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the vehicle and are geared-up for the lavender fields. Looking forward to your photos.

    HAVE A GOD BLESSED DAY - dave b.

    ReplyDelete

Comments-Questions-Just Say Hello...........let us hear from you. WW&MA