Monday, June 21, 2010

Travel Guides

Mary Alice and I are preparing for a trip to France to visit her sister, Nola, who lives near the town of Vence in the Provence region of southern France with her husband Randy.  I wanted to know what was near by so I had some direction to take off to with my Nikon D3s.  I began to look for a travel guide and discovered the DK Eyewitness Travel Guide series.  You can find them at www.half.com or www.amazon.com.  They are relatively inexpensive used.  I've bought 5 already and the most one cost me was $3.

This is the Provence guide.  There is more information in this little guide book than you can imagine. 




After our week in Vence, France we are flying to Venice, Italy where we board a Princess cruise liner for a 10 day voyage in the Mediterranean visiting Athens, Istanbul, Ephesus, Mykonos, Rome, Naples, Monaco, and ending in Barcelona.

We leave in September so stay tuned.  If you're traveling and need a guide book look for these DK Eyewitness Travel guides.  They are great. 

1 comment:

  1. Wayne,

    Thanks for the guide info. Looking forward to your September travel blog.

    HAVE A GOD BLESSED DAY - dave b.

    ReplyDelete

Comments-Questions-Just Say Hello...........let us hear from you. WW&MA